How To Outsource To Grow Your Internet Business And Online Income 5 Times Faster In 1 Year
Overwhelm has long been one of the major causes of online business failure and a top business productivity killer among online marketers. However, outsourcing has been the most effective solution (and trend) among top online marketers and bloggers, to escape drowning in the sea of online business activities and get things done – exactly when and how they were planned to be done.
Before now, outsourcing in the online marketing arena was a ‘luxury’ only for the ‘big boys’ – it was a matter of affordability. Although many online marketers do not yet know how outsourcing can drastically grow their businesses, of the lot that know, majority could not afford the cost of outsourcing while they were struggling to build their online home businesses on tight budgets.
As a result, many online marketers continued to remain solo-entrepreneurs, doing by themselves every bit of tasks (they know how to/ do not know how to do effectively and efficiently), so that ineffectiveness and inefficiency was one of the reasons why 97% internet businesses never tasted success – drowning in overwhelm and remaining ‘newbies’ for years.
Could outsourcing be one of the gaps holding you back from rapid success? Are there online business/ marketing tasks that you are not effective and efficient at, that are slowing you down?
In this post, you’ll understand better what outsourcing is, why you should outsource, how to outsource, what kind of business tasks you can outsource, real business benefits you can derive from outsourcing, common reasons why some marketers and businesses frown at outsourcing, many reasons why outsourcing can help your business grow income faster and many more. The whole idea of this post is to lay down the cards for you so that you can make an informed vital business decision – it’s all about results and growth not how long and hard you spend at business tasks. So, let’s ride on.
What Is Outsourcing?
Outsourcing is simply ‘delegating’ a business task to an external or outside resource person or freelancer (aka outsource service provider).
You know usually in office environments, tasks are delegated to internal resource persons (i.e. staff), although organised businesses also delegate (outsource) to external resource persons or firms those tasks that they do not have the competence or internal resources to execute.
Online outsourcing trends continues to be on the increase among small and large sized companies, and smart home and one-man online business entrepreneurs are always ‘copying’ strategies that are working for large businesses (online or offline). Why, you’d ask? Read on and you’ll soon discover the reasons why.
Again you may be asking ‘why outsource?’. The main reason why smart businesses outsource is to increase business productivity and output through focusing on their strengths and competencies.
Before you read on, I’d like to tell you that this post is a continuation of our Online Business Productivity series because outsourcing, as you’ll soon realize, is one of the strategies that smart businesses online (offline too) are using to increase their productivity – produce more by working less time (like 4 hours a week/ day, lol) without spending more.
What You Can Outsource In Your Online Marketing Business Process?
Here are tips to determine whether to delegate or outsource a task; they are also the top common tasks people outsource in their own business (online or offline):
- Tasks that you are not good and take too long to complete
- Tasks you do not know how to do
- Tasks you find tedious and time-wasting
- Tasks you hate
- Those tasks that never seem to ‘get done’ on your “To Do” List
- Small routine tasks’ that clutter your business day and distract you from the 3 critical online business activities that matter most
- Outsource technical support or generally, the technical side of the business and setting up (e.g graphics design, blog setup and customization, look and feel of your blog – i.e. design works, plugins setup etc.). Marketing is not technical, you can let the techies do what they’re good at – after all if you were not a one-man gig, you’d have had all departments setup.
- Specific examples of what you can outsource online include: outsource your marketing, sales, SEO work, advertising, PPC, outsource article writing,outsource backlink building, outsource graphic design works etc..
Top internet marketer, Kim Roach (whom I’ve learned so much from) always stresses not to let the technical tasks keep you from doing your core business functions ; she advises to let someone else do them so you can focus at giving your readers the best of you.
Benefits of Outsourcing Some of Your Online Marketing Tasks
In my post ‘How to Build a Highly Productive Online Business’ we learn that there are 3 critical activities in every online business, which make up 20% of the entire activities you should be doing but these 3 core online business activities produce 80% of income. We also learnt that when you do less of those 3 activities, your income would drop (that is if you were high above zero) and when you do them completely, your income would increase.
Again you know that speed of implementation matters – there are only 30 days in a month (to payday) and where you have any of the 3 core activities that you are struggling with, it’d be wise to let an expert freelancer do it on $5 budget, at Fiverr, while you take your time to get better at it.
Here are advantages of outsourcing or delegating some of your online business tasks to expert freelancers:
- Saves time and money and increase production of more tangible (and intangible) outputs and results -especially if you use low cost freelancers who are good at what they do
- Rapid business growth – when your business tasks are split with other people, you can accomplish so much (profit) in over half the time.
- Cheaper: No overheads and no other parts of salaries paid to outsourced staff/ helper
- High ROI: imagine if you paid someone $10 to write an article for you, then you spin this article (spend 20 minutes only) to get up to 10 unique versions, all with your affiliate links). Then you spend another 20 minutes to submit all articles on top high page rank article directories. Now, imagine that after two weeks, you start seeing sales of say, $30 daily so that in 5 days you make $150 – how about that profit of $140 (after deducting $10 spent on outsourcing).Now, that article is still going to keep making sales for you.
- Frees your time to do only the tasks you love doing
- You gain extra free time to enjoy the money you earn
- Speedy business growth
- More profit from giving out tasks at cheap price
- You only pay for task you want done
- The time and resources it will take for you to learn a new internet marketing skill (plus learning and mastering curve) far exceeds the cost of hiring a virtual freelancer. remember, earning does not produce earning (although it can increase your potential for increased earnings but it chops off your work/ income generation time).
- Specialist experts at your beck and call for every ‘department’ of your business – they may even do it better than you ever dreamed of. Most freelancers at are practicing online marketers or experts in various fields.
- You have enough time to focus on your core business activities (marketing, sales, content development and developing growth strategies)
Super affiliate Lynn Terry says if she had to start all over again and with only 3 tools, a virtual personal assistant (outsourced staff) is in that list – to afford her speed of implementation, to get off the ground (see interview excerpt below).
Common Reasons Why Most Online Marketers Fail To Outsource Or Delegate
Even some marketers and online business owners who are aware of the benefits of outsourcing do not outsource, not because they do not want to, but because they cannot afford the cost of outsourcing to freelancers. However, with Fiverr, now a lot more marketers who are building their business on a tight budget are now outsourcing to freelancers at Fiverr.
Another reason for not outsourcing is lack of understanding of the real benefits to business, and the cost-benefit break-down in a way that any small or start-up online business entrepreneur can relate to. Knowing that outsourcing is like ‘buying and selling’ – buy a $5 service to get your business to make $100 meaning you make $95 profit. If many online entrepreneurs can be helped with a simplified meaning outsourcing and where to get it dirt cheap, I’m sure many will start using it as one of their business strategies, especially those who are still keeping a full time income while building a part-time online home business.
Why You Should Outsource Or Delegate Some Of Your Online Business Tasks
You alone are only but one single person, there is so much to do in 24 hours, and in 30 days and speed of implementation has a direct impact on your monthly online business revenue (and income generation). Time is always not enough to do them all. The only marketers who cart away 80% of the money are those who manage their time effectively and efficiently – outsourcing is how they do that, they are not super-human.
At the end of the day, what matters is results, not how hard-at-suffering you got in a month.
Without outsourcing or delegating some part of your online business, you’ll see that you are putting in more time and more efforts than if you were in a JOB. Is that the reason you started your own business? What happened to the time freedom you wanted?
Outsourcing is the only ticket to speedily owning your life and escaping overwhelm, when doing your own business online as a solo-preneur. Outsource so you can focus your time on those activities that yield the most ROI. Without outsourcing, you’d be shocked that you’ll be getting holed in to your own business by working a lot more hours than when you were in a JOB. You see, prior to starting own business, many people had full time jobs but quit because they wanted to have more time freedom (some wanted to be stay-at-home-moms) but soon realize that they are spending more time (than on that JOB) while working on their own business. But that wasn’t the plan. More annoying is that even at that they are still struggling, months after to get the business to start paying the bills.
Outsourcing is an effective way of getting things done, in business, while escaping the risk of drowning in a sea of activities or overwhelm. With outsourcing as a growing business trend, most small and solo-home businesses have used outsourced freelancers and Virtual Assistants (VAs) to build highly productive and successful online businesses.
How Can Outsourcing Help Your Business Grow?
You should realize that departmentalizing your business is not entirely an affair for brick-and-mortar businesses. It’s a strategy to build wildly productive businesses, no matter the size. Outsource the department (tasks) in your business that take too much of your time and that you are not the best at – outsource them to experts that do not cost an arm and leg. Outsourcing is profitable when you get cheap resource persons and make more money from the speed of completion of the combination of the tasks they handled for you and those you did yourself.
You will make more money than you spent to outsource – that is strategic outsourcing, and we’ll discuss that in a follow up post where we’ll look at some dirt cheap sources of getting quality freelancers to assist you in your day to day online marketing business tasks.
Again, in the follow up post, we will look at the steps and tips to make your online business profitable by using strategic outsourcing principles while delegating our tedious and time consuming tasks to cheap and quality freelancers. We’ll also look at where to find freelancers to delegate or outsource some of your tasks for, at a price of single dollar digit per task. To read that post, click here: Fiverr! The Poor Marketer’s Outsourcing Haven And Secrets To Profiting From Outsourcing Online Business Tasks Really Cheap At Fiverr.
What Do You Think About Outsourcing Some Of Your Online Marketing Tasks?
I hope this post has given you insights, with pros and cons for outsourcing and how you can significantly reduce the cost and overheads associated with doing business online, while gaining more family and fun time PLUS growing your business profits on cheap, quality outsourcing.
What do you think about using outsourcing strategy to build a bigger, more profitable online business faster? What online business tasks are you likely to outsource or currently outsourcing? Are there any reasons why you may not consider outsourcing some of your online marketing tasks?
I’d love to hear what you thing about working at home and outsourcing part of your online home business – let’s have a conversation in the comments area.
By the way, this is one in part of 3 posts on the subject of how and what to outsource, for internet marketers and bloggers. Below are the other related posts:
- Fiverr! The Poor Marketer’s Outsourcing Haven And Secrets To Profiting From Outsourcing Online Business Tasks Really Cheap At Fiverr
- Online Outsourcing Guide To Finding Good Business Services Freelancers At Fiverr
I enjoyed writing this post and hope you did enjoy reading. Thanks for reading and before you go, kindly:
1.) Share it: Help a friend of yours learn about how to expand their business $5 – Facebook this post. Tweet it. Digg it. Stumble it. [Click the easy share buttons below]
2.) Comment: Leave me a comment below to let me know you were here, and of course share your thoughts – you know I’ll always respond quick
Yours in Fast-Forward Business Growth,
P.S: Online Marketing Outsourcing Blueprint: If you would like to learn how to start outsourcing for cheap, where to find tried and trusted freelancers and virtual assistants you can outsource to, a ready-made plan you can adapt “as is” or use as your own weekly outsourcing blueprint and so much more – a practical take-you-by-the-hand guide from someone who has built a successful online business with the help of outsourcing – then click that link to learn more.
Originally posted 2011-04-15 12:07:23.