Effective Blog Commenting Techniques To Increase SEO and Social Benefits
While blog commenting is only but a part of your online / blogging business strategy that should be helping you get closer to your main goal of making income from blogging, a smart move will be to develop a blog commenting technique that is both productive and also delivers SEO, social and overall business benefits.
Below is a simple framework to adapt or customize as your own blog commenting technique.
- Kill 2 birds with one stone – multi-task. Learn new things while commenting.
- Write down the topics you are weak at or want to learn
- Write down a list of 5 – 10 blogs that you can learn that from
- Focus on those for your commenting for the week (Do this every week, to add to the list or remove).
- Write a list of 10 blogs (more if you can) that you find interesting.
- Weekly Blog Commenting Planner: Fit these blogs into your weekly blog commenting tour, as per your written plan of action for productive blog commenting. See below for details on how to setup a weekly blog commenting planner.
- Build your ‘inner circle blog commenting buddies’:
- Look around your blog commenting tribe (or around other bloggers you have established a relationship with); identify 5 to 10 other bloggers/ marketers you would want to contact to be your blog commenting buddies.
- Fit these bloggers into your blog commenting plan
- Expose their posts to your social media friends so that they can get more chances to get more comments from your audience.
Automating Promotion of Buddies’ Blogs
Here’s how to automate this task, hands-free:
- Feed their blog URL into your TwitterFeed or Dlvr.It
- Set it at once or twice a day (ensure this is a reciprocal agreement to avoid someone cheating – they also feed yours the same time settings; agree to let the other party know when you want out of the agreement, so that they can reset their TwitterFeed).
Steps To Setup a Blog Commenting Calendar/ Planner
Method 1: Blog Commenting Weekly Planner
- Set a time and day, duration per week for commenting and stick to it; do not spend longer than scheduled.
- List blogs you want to comment on in a weekly planner. You may want to join a blogging tribe like Dani MacGrath’s invite only “’The Blogging Mastermind Comment Tribe” on Facebook – visit the commenting tribe’s Facebook page and do 2, 4, 6, 810… rounds of comment (and backlinks) and leave. You may want to schedule particular blogs you know of, in your blog commenting calendar.
- Specify number of blogs you want to comment on per day (5, 10, …?). Be sure your blog commenting blogs list includes high page rank (PR) blogs
- Do a weekly blog tour roaster on a notepad or scheduler
Method 2: Blog Commenting Weekly Planner
- List the comment tribes you are in, in a weekly roaster
- Have schedules (time, day, date, duration) to take a blog tour of the Blog tribes)
- Double win strategy – building links while commenting: This is about using commenting to ensure that every post (URL) on your blog, not just the home page, does not suffer from enough backlinks, which happens when we pick random posts to backlink to during commenting on other blogs.
- List the posts you want to build links to for the week. A strategy could be to take one link (of a post) and enter it in to 10 blogs commented on (10 comment backlinks per post). Then, depending on the number of comments you plan to leave per day/ week. Take rounds on the links you list and strike off the ones you have completed.
- That way, you would be able to evenly build higher PR inner pages as well as for your home page. Some bloggers make the mistake of using only their home page (in the comment URL boxes).
- According to your schedule, do the blog commenting rounds. Ensure to not comment on more blogs than scheduled. Leave and go take care of other blogging/ business to dos for the day.
Method 3: Blog Commenting Weekly Planner
- If you have commenting buddies, do a weekly roaster to tour each of their blogs
- Set number of days you want to blog comment tour
- Set the days in the week you want to comment
- Implement your plan – be sure not to spend more than assigned time and be sue to stick to the days you scheduled.
- Just Do it and leave (until another commenting day)
- Set duration you want to spend on commenting per day
Your Thoughts About Blog Commenting With A Strategy
What are your thoughts about this blog commenting technique?
Comment and Share it! I’d love to hear it in the comments area. Please help a friend read this post – tweet it, facebook it, digg it, stumble it… Use the easy share buttons below.
P.S: By the way, if you liked this post you may want to take a cue from this detailed ready-made mind-map to strategize other parts of your online / blogging business. Click to get it here: Internet Marketing Strategic Plan Mindmap