Hostgator Review SUMMARY
Price: From $3.96 per month
Discount Coupon codes: Yes [Save 25% off with LESS25DISCOUNT on any hosting plan OR use NOW1CENTHOSTING to pay only 1 Penny on your first month of hosting].
Hostgator Overview And The Ordeal Of Finding The Best Cheap Small Business Hosting
HostGator is an award winning and leading web host provider, with the most affordable hosting packages that come with large disk spaces, huge bandwidth, zero downtime and a responsive customer and tech support staff. Over 7 million websites are currently hosted on Hostgator, and that includes small businesses and Fortune 500 companies. As a matter of fact, this blog you’re reading is a WordPress site, hosted on Hostgator Baby plan and it has never experienced downtime due to web server maitenance.
When shopping for a good web hosting company, the first thing is to establish that the company is one of the top providers. Next is to run through a simple checklist to ensure that the web hosting company satisfies all the requirements.
Failure to do that can cause you to lose the trust of your potential and existing customers, and sales – that’s because a poor quality web host will cause you uncountable days of website down-time. Can you risk that? You need to have your small business website up and running every single day if you want to attract sales daily.
In this Hostgator review, I’ll tell you the many reasons (beyond price) why Hostgator is the best domain hosting service for your small business site. This review is based on my (and my clients and friend’s’) experiences with hosting on Hostgator.
Ok, let’s dive in.
Detailed Hostgator Review: 7 Reasons Why Over 7 Million Website Owners Can’t Be Wrong
1. Reputation: Hostgator ranks in the top 10 largest web hosting companies in the World, hosting over 7 million websites (and still counting), including Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike.
2. Very affordable hosting plans if you’re on budget: You can get your website hosted for as low as $3.96 per month. In fact, you can even start your first month for close to free (only 1 cent) and see for yourself – use this discount code to get your first month hosting for 1 cent “NOW1CENTHOSTING”.
3. FREE $100 Advertising Credit: Every Hostgator customer gets a bonus Free $100 Adwords credit, that you can use to advertise your small business on the internet.
4. Easy to use interface: HostGator’s cPanel is easy to use for beginners, as well as experienced website owners. The Fantastico feature is a blessing to non-techies – you’ll only need one mouse click to install a fresh new blog. Hostgator has one of the easiest, one click install to setup WordPress sites. Without the Fantastico, you’ll need to be a techie to successfully install your WordPress site on your web host.
5. Fast to Assist Customers Setup or Transfer From Another Web Host: Help if you’re moving from another web host: Hostgator’s helpful customer support team will help you move your website. Not many web hosts do this for customers.
6. Experienced and Responsive Technical Support: Hostgator’s over 700 technical support staff provide round the clock (24/7) technical support to customers. You decide whether you want to contact them by live chat, email or phone. They are always fast to respond, even to the most seemingly stupid questions. I am most grateful to the support team because they always helped me fix the techy things on my website (as I’m not tech savvy).
- I cannot remember the number of times that I contacted Hostgator support and got quick response plus solution to my problems – usually I accidentally shut my site when I tried to tweak some blog features using codes I got from tutorials around the web. Hostgator support always bailed me out and got my site back up fast.
7. No Downtime for Any Reason (99.9% Uptime Guarantee): Unlike a few webmasters, I’ve never had my site go down due to maintenance or upgrade at Hostgator. Also, I’ve never had a case of my website being hacked by malicious codes or viruses – that’s because the Hostgator team fully maintains their servers, arming them with strong firewalls and antivirus solutions.
You can get even lower hosting price by using any of these coupon codes at Hostgator website:
- Save 25% off with LESS25DISCOUNT on any hosting plan – use this code if you’re getting 1year+ hosting in advance, which is cheaper than buying monthly hosting;
- OR use NOW1CENTHOSTING to pay only 1 Penny on your first month of hosting
How Much Hosting Do You Really Need For Your Small Business Website or Personal Blog?
Let’s start by looking at the different Hostgator hosting packages and their features, to see which one has the right amount of disk space and bandwidth to accommodate your growing business needs and increasing traffic.
1.) Hatchling Plan: This one is for people who have only one website and have no plans of adding more websites soon.
- Single Domain
- UNLIMITED Disk Space
- UNLIMITED Bandwidth
- Shared SSL Certificate
- PRICE: $7.16 if you pay month by month; $5.56 monthly if you pay 1 year upfront; $4.76 if you pay 2 years upfront; $3.96 is you pay for 3 years hosting upfront.
Be sure to use the special Hostgator discount coupons provided in this post, that will get you additional savings.
2.) Baby Plan: This is a huge cost saver if you have from 2 websites and above or starting a first blog/ site and likely to build more websites soon. Imagine paying for only one account and being able to host as many number of websites as you like? That’s the cheapest hosting plan.
- UNLIMITED Domains
- UNLIMITED Disk Space
- UNLIMITED Bandwidth
- Shared SSL Certificate
- PRICE: $7.96 if you pay monthly or 1 year upfront; $7.16 if you pay for 2 years hosting upfront’; $6.36 every month if you pay for 3 years upfront.
Be sure to use the special Hostgator coupon codes provided in this post, that will get you additional savings.
Can You Upgrade From One Hostgator Hosting Plan To Another?
Yes, you can upgrade to a higher plan whenever your needs get bigger – maybe you add more sites to your first website OR maybe your website contents get really large that you need a bigger disk space and bandwidth.
HINT: If you think, you’ll add more websites soon, it’s advisable to start with the Hostgator Baby plan which allows you to host as many website domains as you like. That’s where you really get the bang for your buck – one cheap web hosting account hosting dozens of your websites and blogs.
Which Hostgator Hosting Plan Do I Recommend For Start-ups and Why?
If you’re really looking for the biggest money saving hosting plan, I highly recommend against your starting with the Hatchling because that plan only allows you to host one single website. From my personal experience, website owners (including me) usually want to add more domains (websites) a few months after their first blog site.
It’s cheaper to start with the Hostgator Baby plan which will allow you to add as many websites (domains) as you like.
However, if you are sure you’d not be creating another website in the next couple of months or you’re really low on budget, then by all means go for the Hatchling hosting plan, which has awesomely low discounts for hosting only one website.
What about the Business Plan and Reseller Web Hosting Plans?
The truth is that you don’t need either of those. The Hostgator baby plan is more than enough for your small business web hosting needs – in terms of disk space, bandwidth and offers the cheapest cost (1 Baby Plan account can host unlimited number of websites). That’s my candid advice.
Hostgator provides one of the best user experience, and they manage the Baby plan well enough that your small business website will never experience downtime.
All a small business website needs is a reliable and good quality hosting service company, and a fairly large size of web server disk space. Beware, most bad hosts will use “unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth” as a catch BUT there’s more than size for you to look out for. After all, a gazillion number of web hosts all offer “unlimited server space and bandwidth”.
[Hint Hint] Here’s the secret to get your web hosting really, really cheap:
- If you prefer to pay every month, you’ll get the best possible hostgator discount, use LESS994DISCOUNT and you’ll only pay a cent on your first invoice;
- If you decide to pay for a year upfront or longer, to get the massive savings on hosting, use LESS25DISCOUNT to save 25% off your first invoice. There’s a lot more savings from paying for longer term – after all, you are not planning to put your website up only for a few months. I personally like to pay one year upfront. Apart from the huge savings, it frees me from the risk of forgetting to renew my hosting.
Summary and Next Steps to Get Cheapest Hostgator Coupons
I’ve got two special Hostgator coupon codes for you. Use them to get additional discount off your purchase of web hosting for your small business.
Here you go:
- Hostgator Coupon Code #1: “NOW1CENTHOSTING” – Use this to coupon to get your first month hosting down to only $.001 (1 cent). That’s almost free. You’ll be saving $9.94.
- Hostgator Coupon Code #2: “LESS25DISCOUNT” – Use this coupon code to get 25% off your first invoice (huge savings especially if you pay over long term).
- Again, here’s the You can also use this special offer link to go to Hostgator.Com.
NOTE: You’ll see from the Hostgator site that they offer every new customers a 20% discount but you will get a 25% (NOT 20%) discount from any plan you choose, if you enter the above coupon code.
I hope you now know the many reasons why Hostgator is preferred web hosting by small businesses and personal blogs. Be sure to use the special web hosting discount codes to get your Hostgator hosting really cheap.
Be sure to share your won web hosting experiences and also read comments from other readers (below) who switched to Hostgator.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your enjoying hosting with Hostgator.