3 Strategies + 3 Free Combo Twitter Tools for Increasing Your Twitter Following: For Bloggers and Marketers With Little or No Budget
Like any other top social networking site, everyday people who have a large Twitter following and know how to market on that social media platform, make sales on Twitter.
Have you ever wanted to get more followers on Twitter but never knew how? Then this post is specially written for you – you’re about to discover how to add up to 2,000 new Twitter followers within the next 30 days using 3 very simple Twitter strategies with absolutely free tools.
In case you do not know, Twitter is fast becoming an important marketing communication tool among businesses, to connect and build relationship with their ideal customers, with the intention to getting more sales.
Like Facebook and LinkedIn, Social Networking on Twitter starts with getting followers and knowing how to effectively generate sales on Twitter. I’ve heard people ask about buying Twitter followers but then why buy Twitter followers when you can get the best ones absolutely free.
Now, TweetAdder is one of the best, and most widely used among bloggers, and highly recommended, this tutorial is an alternative method of getting Twitter followers, for those who do not have TweetAdder (yet).
UPDATE: In the original version of this post, the 3 separate tools used TweetAttacks + SocialOomph + JustUnfollow were 100% free. First, SocilaOomph closed its doors to free users getting the Auto Direct Messaging. Recently, TweetAttacks announced that it was shutting down the tool. There’s no other free tool I know of that provides friend adder feature for free, so that leaves us with the awesome TweetAdder all-in-one twitter software.
Time required daily to make this Twitter strategy work: Less than 5 minutes daily or once a week or once a month, depending on the number of new Twitter friends you want to add, and how fast.
Step #1: Follow Someone and Expect A Follow Back
Twitter Tool: TweetAdder – Use this tool to Add new followers/ friends
How to Find Who To Follow on Twitter?
Find someone or an influencer in your market niche and follow some of their followers or people they are following. Basically, with TweetAdder you can:
- Search and find people to follow (from search result), who mention a specific keyword in their tweets (such as a location/ place, a product etc)
- Someone else’s followers – you’ll have to enter the Twitter ID (beginning with “@”) of the person you want to follow their followers
- People that someone else is following – you’ll have to enter the Twitter ID of the person you want to follow the people s/he is following.
- A list of cool people from Twitter
Note: Whenever you want to start a Twitter friends-add campaign, simply setup this tool and while it’s running on the background (unattended), you can go take care of other business – it will stop after it’s through.
TWITTER FOLLOWING HINT:
- If you have less than 2,000 Twitter followers, you can follow 50-100 people daily.
Can you see that you can easily add 2,000 new Twitter followers in less than 30 days IF you are consistent?
Step #2: Craft A Welcome Message to Every New Twitter Follower
- You pre-write a welcome Direct Message (DM) to anyone who follows you AND this tool will automatically send out this message to every new Twitter follower. It’s a good etiquette and I tell you, people read these messages and act on them;
- You may or may not want to do this but with this tool, you can auto-follow anyone who follows you. That saves you time on personally welcoming every single new follower.
You only need to do this particular step only once and forget it, except when you feel like changing the welcome message. Although this step is optional – some people may not want to welcome their new followers BUT I am using this step and it gets results. Occasionally, I get new Facebook followers who message me that they came from my Twitter page after reading my per-written (automated) DM message requesting new followers to connect on Facebook also.
HINT: Some people put a link to their Free eBook, on their welcome message to new Twitter followers. Be creative about how you want to write a welcome DM to your Twitter followers – it’s your choice.
Step #3: Unfollow People Who Do Not Follow You Back
Tool: TweetAdder or JustUnfollow.Com
The tool displays a list of people who are not following you back and you with “unfollow” option beside their names so that you can click to “unfollow” one by one – it’s very fast though.
This Twitter tool also displays the people following you that you are not following back – and you can follow them back. Do you know that people tend to follow who their friends are following, so you’ll score some more followers by following back your followers.
Why should you unfollow people on Twitter?
- Twitter Unfollow Reason #1: Communication is a two-way thing and if you are following someone and that person is not following you back, then s/he is the only one ‘talking’ to you while s/he would not ‘see’ your tweets. If you want to communicate to the people you add, then there’s need for mutual follow-back.
Note: There are exceptional cases where you’ll not mind not being followed back, such as if that person offers EXTREMELY EXCEPTIONAL VALUE.
- Twitter Unfollow Reason #2: Twitter has a Following-to- Followers limit which would only allow you to add more followers after you’ve got a certain number of follow-back. Therefore unfollowing those who do not follow you will make room to follow others who are likely to follow you back. Twitter will allow you to follow up to 100 people per day if you have less than or 2000 followers. After that Twitter will allow you to follow only 10% of the number of your followers.
2 Categories of People You May Want To Unfollow on Twitter
- Non-Followers: These are the people you follow on Twitter but they are not following you back. You can unfollow your non-followers every 7 to 10 days, after a “Twitter Follow campaign”. That way, the people you followed a few days back, would have had a chance to follow back.
- Inactive Followers: These are your followers who have not used Twitter in the past X months (3 to 6 months is a good guide). You can do a spring cleaning of your Twitter account, say, once every month, or as you desire.
Is There a Single Twitter Productivity Tool That Does All the Above 3 Combo Steps on Auto?
Sure, there are single apps that do what the 3 combo Twitter management tools do AND a lot more BUT they cost money – not much, though. If you have some cash, it is highly recommended to get a good paid Twitter management tool because they automate a whole lot of Twitter tasks, hands-free – great time savers.
Paid Twitter management tools do a whole lot more than adding friends, sending welcome DMs and unfollowing non-followers. You can visit their pages to learn more about their features. With the premium Twitter tools, you can set your account on automatic, to unfollow someone if they do not follow you after X days (you’ll set the number of days). You can also set the paid tools to follow back anyone who follows you. And many many more.
Next Steps: Your 10 Days Action Plan to Get Your Next 1000 Twitter Friends
Now is the time for you to put those Twitter tips to action. By the next 10 days, I want to hear how many new Twitter followers you have added and how many are following you back. So, here are your 10 days action plan to Twitter Domination- only 7 steps
- Save or Bookmark this post – you’ll need to refer to it for your daily 10 days Twitter domination action plan
- Get a copy of TweetAdder
- Everyday (or twice/ thrice weekly), add new Twitter friends (50 to 100) using TweetAdder – this should be a set-it-and-forget-it thing, takes less than 3 minutes
- Once a week, unfollow non-followers on Twitter, using the same tool. Aggressive follow/ unfollow may get the Twitter folks thinking you’re a spammer;
- ENGAGE for results: Spend about 15 minutes daily to build relationships with your new Twitter followers. Here’s how: read your Twitter stream and then join the discussions on Twitter – reply to interesting tweets you like, retweet other people’s posts you read, say hello to some of your followers, follow back some of your Twitter followers
- Follow me (Stella) on Twitter as the first step to your 10 Days to increase Twitter followers
If you continue to do the above steps after your Day 10 on Twitter Domination” exercise, you should become the next Twitter rock Sta
- NOTE: If you use LinkedIn and want more followers there, you’ll want to read how to get up to 500+ LinkedIn Connections in 30 Days.
Conclusion, Comment & Share
That’s it – 3 Twitter strategies + 3 simple Free combo tools for getting a large Twitter Followership, for bloggers and online marketers building on a tight budget.
Share the Luv: Thanks for reading this Twitter tips and if you got value out of this post, kindly help get it across to others – the one-click, easy share buttons on the top left floating and down, down below.
Comment: I’d love to hear your feedback and comments on this free method of getting more Twitter Followers fast.
As always, thanks for reading and I’ll see you on the comment side:)
To more Twitter followers,
P.S: If you are a very busy person looking to quickly increase your Twitter followers fast, TweetAdder will save you a whole lots of time doing on auto all what 3 combo tools do PLUS so much more such as: finding targeted people to follow in your niche using keywords you specify, automatically following your followers, scheduling your posts AND so much more.